It's that time again!
the customer decided to do regular, permanently attached clothes since
cast off was proving such a problem. I have since been working on her
like crazy and here's what I've got going on so far...
Cranberry will now not be whole and will instead have clothes on her permanently, she
can have different joints. Thus, I spent a day hacking her into
pieces. I also went ahead and attached a few of the pieces that would
not present a problem during painting, such as her shoulders to her
torso and one side of her shorts to her hips. I then started making the
tops to her boots, edges of her shorts and her bracelet. I
started on her shirt, with a small tweak; a fitted shirt stretches
across the breasts and leaves a little gap where the shirt doesn't touch
the breastbone, so I glued a piece of overhead transparency between her
breasts to simulate the stretched shirt. I then puttied over the
areas, adding the lip of her shirt and removed the nipples. I also made
nice keys for all the newly seperated pieces, so they fit together
snugly. I've mainly been working on getting the breast area smoothed
out around the plastic sheet I used and also smoothing out the edges of
her shorts. They broke a few times and I switched putties, but I also
had to change my tactic. I was going to just have them flat at the bottom of the joint, with a key
on the bottom but it didn't look natural when I put the thigh against it, so I had to take my dremel
and carve down into the edge of the piece to make a lip that fits over
the top of her thigh. This creates a more realistic look, though it
took a little more time. I also worked on creases/folds in the boots
around the ankles, but it's a bit of a pain, actually o_o I also built
up some excess putty I had onto her toes, for the pointed toes of the
boots that I'll make later.
Anyways, here are the pics, with some
before and after shots of pieces. *As always, click for larger images.
Working on her daily, so more to come soon!
Post a Comment