Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Flipping Yoko 1/7 Commission - Complete

This is a commission for a current client, who has three kits commissioned through me, all Yokos XD  She was completed mid-December but I kept her under wraps so I could enter her in the contest.  She has a lot of pieces, some fitting issues and I had to replace a few pieces; the barrel of the gun with the red stripes is replaced with an aluminum rod, raised red stripes were added to barrel with aves, triangular piece on gun magazine was very thin so it was replaced with sheet styrene, added raised metal parts to triangular piece with epoxy glue, trigger finger wasn't included with the kit, so I sculpted one and attached it.
 
Matched colors to customers specifications.  I did candy colors on the red for Lagann's hand; it was my first time doing candy colors =D  The hair has a light mist of pearl pigment sprayed all over and a bit more concentrated to highlighted areas.  The black lines on the bikini top, hairpin, boots and belt are hand-drawn with a sakura pigma micron in 005, though I did a wash on the gray part of Lagann's hand.  I did some distressing/drybrushing on the gun and added some drybrushing to her hair to make the edges stand out nicely.  Finished satin on the gloves and high gloss on the boots.  Base is wood, painted black, with white flames (made using a french curve set), then sprayed clear green over it to give the feel of the neon green flames from the show.

Anyway, please enjoy my sixth completed GK, Flipping Yoko.



 































No comments:

Post a Comment